What will I learn?
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students:
The Social Science major is an excellent introduction to methods of research and it offers students the possibility to explore the various social sciences before opting for a particular focus. Students may elect to do a second major in either World Religions or IPED. The major provides students with a liberal arts experience from the perspective of the social sciences. Careers that students pursue after graduating from this major include positions in:
- The Foreign Service
- International Agencies or Businesses
- Community Relations and Service
Five optional concentrations are available in history, international studies, political science, psychology, and sociology. Some examples of required courses are American History, Roots of Modern Culture, UN Studies, Social Inequality, and World Regional Geography.
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students The Social Sciences major is designed to provide students with a liberal arts experience from the perspective of the social sciences. It is innovative both in its interdisciplinary approach to subject matter and the options it offers students to pursue their goals, whether in graduate school or government or the foreign service, in international agencies or business, in the law, teaching or community service. In addition to completing the major, students may choose to add concentrations in History, International Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, or minors in career-related areas such as International Business, Finance, Human Services, and Education.
Career opportunities traditionally available to liberal arts students are much enhanced by the flexibility the Social Science major permits. In its interdisciplinary approach, its emphasis on breadth as well as depth of learning, and its focus on practical skills, the Social Science major prepares students for success in their careers, for leadership roles in their communities and the world, and for self-fulfillment.
The learning outcomes for the Social Science Program are as follows:
- Students will possess a broad, liberal arts foundation and an understanding of how developments in social and intellectual history shape and affect human values and institutions.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic social science research methods.
- Students will demonstrate that they are conversant (i.e., possess a basic grasp) in the disciplines subsumed under the “social science” rubric at the University of Bridgeport, i.e., political science, economics, international studies, and sociology.
- Bachelors Scholarships for International Students will demonstrate a more advanced “working knowledge” of at least one social science discipline.
- Students so inclined will demonstrate they possess the cognitive competencies and study skills to succeed in advanced/graduate studies in any of the social sciences or in law or business.
- Students will demonstrate that they have the competencies needed to function competently in an entry-level social science-related career.
- Students will demonstrate competency in written and oral communication.
For students interested in International Relations or in International Studies, The College of Public and International Affairs offers a B.A. in International Political Economy and Diplomacy. An innovative approach to the study of International Relations.
The major provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the global political economy and with the analytical skills needed to evaluate change and direction. The study of the national, regional and international economic organization provides insight into conduits of wealth and impediments to prosperity.
Which department am I in?
Full Time (8 semesters)
*Price shown is for indicative purposes, please check with institution
15 July 2018, 1 December 2018
August 2018, January 2019
College of Public and International Affairs
126 Park Avenue,
06604, United States
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students:
For students from Pakistan
For international students
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students Applicant should be a graduate of a regionally accredited secondary school and should present sixteen acceptable units of academic work, including four units in English, three units in Mathematics, two units in a lab science, two units in the social sciences and a minimum of five electives. An applicant who has not satisfied the distribution of college requirements, but has presented convincing evidence of the quality of his/her high school work, may be admitted provisionally.
Major specific admissions requirements:
High school students applying as freshmen must be attending a regionally accredited secondary school and completing four years of English, two years of Math, one year of College Prep Chemistry with a laboratory, one year of College Prep Biology with a laboratory and courses in social studies. An overall B is recommended (a GPA of 3.0 or higher). Most successful applicants have a composite SAT score of at least 900 (450 verbal, 450 math).
Must See: FulBright Scholarship
English language requirements:
- Proof of completion of level 6 at the University’s English Language Institute (ELI)
- TOEFL score of 75 (IBT) or an IELTS score of 6.0.
- A minimum Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) score of 53
- A grade of “C” or better from an accredited American university for one semester of college English Composition
- Critical Reading SAT score of 400 or above or ACT English score of 19 or above
- An official letter certifying completion of ELS (English Language Service) Level 112
- An official “O” level or “A” level Certificate indicating a grade of “C” or better in English
- An EIKEN score of Grade 2A or above
- A score of 4 or better on the “English A” Higher Level examination in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program
- WAEC, WASSE, CXC, etc. – Score of “C” or better on English Language exam.
Value of scholarship
How to apply
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students All applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship when they send in the University of Bridgeport international application and all admissions materials. No additional form is needed. Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students Eligibility requirements
We are very pleased to announce that the University of Bridgeport launched a new international graduate scholarship program for incoming international graduate students.
The details are as follows:
- Qualified applicants to the MBA Program, all graduate programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in our School of Engineering are eligible for this award.
- Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
- The scholarship will be for the international student’s first year of study.
- All graduate students with a scholarship must take 9 credits per semester.
Most Recommended Scholarship: BridgePort University