- 0.1 What will I learn?
- 0.2 Which department am I in?
- 0.3 Study options
- 0.4 BridgePort University:
- 0.5 Entry requirements
- 0.6 For students from Pakistan
- 0.7 For international students
- 1 APPLY NOW
What will I learn?
The University of Bridgeport’s BS-to-MS Accelerated Program in Engineering is designed for undergraduate students with a strong academic record in any area of engineering who wish to pursue a graduate degree in an expedited format. The structure enables you to complete your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in five years of study, rather than the typical six years, while ensuring that you develop expertise in fundamental and emerging disciplines of engineering.
Available for studies in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, this program allows you to progress more quickly through your coursework by taking additional credits for several semesters and over the summer once you have qualified during your junior year. Transfer students may also apply for the BS-to-MS Accelerated Program if they have earned an associate degree in an appropriate field. You will emerge prepared to take on a leadership role in industry, government, or academia.
B.S. to M.S. in Computer Engineering
B.S. to M.S. in Computer Science
B.S. to M.S. in Electrical Engineering
B.S. to M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
To enter the BS-to-MS Accelerated Program in Engineering, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.7 throughout the bachelor’s degree coursework. You are required to complete a total of 132 credit hours for the Computer Engineering BS, 130 credit hours for the Computer Science BS, 120 credit hours for the Electrical Engineering BS, and 121 credit hours for the Mechanical Engineering BS.
For the Computer Engineering and Computer Science MS, you are required to complete a total of 34 credit hours, consisting of 15 credits of core courses, 12 to 15 credits of electives, a 3-credit master’s project or a 6-credit thesis, and a 1-credit engineering seminar.
For the Mechanical Engineering MS, you are required to complete a total of 31 credit hours, consisting of 9 credits of core courses, 9 credits from one technical area, 6 to 9 credits of electives, a 3-credit master’s project or a 6-credit thesis, and a 1-credit engineering colloquium.
For the Electrical Engineering MS, you are required to complete a total of 31 credit hours, consisting of 24 to 27 credits of graduate-level electrical engineering courses, a 3-credit master’s project or a 6-credit thesis, and a 1-credit engineering colloquium.
Which department am I in?
Full Time (Five years of study, rather than the typical six years)
*Price shown is for indicative purposes, please check with institution
15 July 2018, 1 December 2018
August 2018, January 2019
School of Engineering
Engineering and Technology Building,
221 University Avenue,
06604, United States
For students from Pakistan
For international students
Applicant should be a graduate of a regionally accredited secondary school and should present sixteen acceptable units of academic work, including four units in English, three units in Mathematics, two units in a lab science, two units in the social sciences and a minimum of five electives. An applicant who has not satisfied the distribution of college requirements, but has presented convincing evidence of the quality of his/her high school work, may be admitted provisionally.
Major specific admissions requirements:
BridgePort University High school students applying as freshmen must be attending a regionally accredited secondary school and completing four years of English, two years of Math, one year of College Prep Chemistry with a laboratory, one year of College Prep Biology with a laboratory and courses in social studies. An overall B is recommended (a GPA of 3.0 or higher). Most successful applicants have a composite SAT score of at least 900 (450 verbal, 450 math).
English language requirements:
- Proof of completion of level 6 at the University’s English Language Institute (ELI)
- TOEFL score of 75 (IBT) or an IELTS score of 6.0.
- A minimum Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) score of 53
- A grade of “C” or better from an accredited American university for one semester of college English Composition
- Critical Reading SAT score of 400 or above or ACT English score of 19 or above
- An official letter certifying completion of ELS (English Language Service) Level 112
- An official “O” level or “A” level Certificate indicating a grade of “C” or better in English
- An EIKEN score of Grade 2A or above
- A score of 4 or better on the “English A” Higher Level examination in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program
- WAEC, WASSE, CXC, etc. – Score of “C” or better on English Language exam.
Value of scholarship
How to apply
All applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship when they send in the University of Bridgeport international application and all admissions materials. No additional form is needed. Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
BridgePort University Eligibility requirements
We are very pleased to announce that the University of Bridgeport launched a new international graduate scholarship program for incoming international graduate students.
The details are as follows:
- Qualified applicants to the MBA Program, all graduate programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in our School of Engineering are eligible for this award.
- Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
- The scholarship will be for the international student’s first year of study.
- All graduate students with a scholarship must take 9 credits per semester.