- 1 Eligibility criteria for Chevening scholarship:-
- 2 English language requirement:-
- 3 Chevening Scholarship Courses:-
- 4 Chevening Scholarship Stipend:-
- 5 Deadline:-
- 6 Important Advice for Chevening Scholarship:-
Fully funded British Chevening scholarships for international students is started by UK government.Chevening is UK government global scholarship for international students which provide a unique opportunity to international students to pursue their education in the United Kingdom.Chevening fully funded scholarship is awarded to professional students from all over the world to pursue a one-year master degree in any subject at UK universities.
Through Chevening, Uk government provides fully funded scholarships to foreign students leaving them free to focus only on their education and goals. In the UK you will live for a year and develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK
Eligibility criteria for Chevening scholarship:-
For eligibility of fully funded British Chevening scholarship applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Chevening eligible country.
- Have at least two-year work experience.
- Have undergraduate degree.
- Meet the English language requirement.
- Have valid passport/national ID card.
English language requirement:-
In order to win the Chevening fully funded scholarship applicant must meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12th July 2018. Applicants must ensure before deadline that they have fulfilled the English language requirement either by
- Taking English language test
- Proving that they are from English speaking country.
Chevening accept following English language tests:-
- Pearson PTE Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
Chevening English language requirement breakdown of scores:-
Chevening Work Experience Requirement:-
For Chevening, fully funded scholarships for foreign students applicants must ensure that they have at least two years of work experience in their country or outside the country.
The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
- Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies.
Chevening Scholarship Courses:-
Choose your three courses carefully as you won’t be able to change them after submitting your application. You will need to apply separately to your selected courses directly via the university. To be awarded a Chevening scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices by 12 July 2018.
Applicants will need to select three different master’s courses, these can be three different courses at the same institution or the same-titled course but at three different universities. You should choose your field of study carefully and select courses which reflect your current or future career goals.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
Chevening Scholarship Stipend:-
Chevening scholarship stipend will cover the applicant monthly living and maintenance expenses.These include such expenses as accommodation, meals, personal expenses, phone bill, daily travel, and any required course resources. You should also use your stipend to cover the cost of NHS charges for prescriptions, dental treatment, and opticians. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Recommended Article:- Top 10 International Internships for International Students 2018
The deadline for Chevening fully funded scholarship for international students is 7th November 2017.
Important Advice for Chevening Scholarship:-
- Please apply in more than 3 universities, at least 5 to 6 to secure admission, this is because if you didn’t secure admission in any of the University mentioned in your application form and has admission in 4th University (which is not mentioned in the application form) than your scholarship can still be secured. If you have been called for an interview than in the interview you can let them know about the 4th University in which you have admission offer.
- Please try to select almost SIMILAR COURSES in every university you want to mention in the Scholarship application form. It will benefit you in two ways:
1) It would be easier to create relevance of your intended subject with you purposed study plan, relevance to your professional development, relevance to your contribution toward your country development.
2) It will save your time to draft your Personal Statement and other application related questions separately for each university.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Please do not ignore this point if you are really motivated to be a Chevener. Please do not fill the application in hustle and bustle. Please take some time and draft everything carefully. From your education, work experience, professional qualification till the end of the application form there MUST BE RELEVANCE in each and every component. The narrative questions of the application form are very important and are very very very important to get selected. Each question must be answered with care and dedication. Do not make any statement in one question that contradicts with the statement in the next one.
- Please apply before the deadline, last year due to the heavy number of applications, Chevening system was crashed. But the applicants were lucky enough to get some extra hours to upload their applications successfully. But luck never comes always, so be safe and apply before the deadline.
I think above are the points, that if you follow them, would help you secure a fully funded Chevening scholarship for international students.