OGE Merit-Based Bachelors Scholarship for International Students in USA
International Students Scholarships in USA:
The Mississippi College is inviting applications for OGE Merit-Based Scholarships.
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (country): USA
Eigible Field of Study: Scholarship is available for pursuing Bachelors Programme.
Scholarships Deadline: Jul 13, 2018.
THE OGE MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIP IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CURRENT MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
The OGE Merit-Based scholarship is available for international students who are classified as sophomores, juniors, or seniors in their undergraduate academic program at Mississippi College after they have completed their first two semesters of academic study. Qualified applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the previous semester, and students must have at least one volunteer event to report on the application. Applications are accepted through the Office of Global Education only. Scholarships are given based on evaluation of GPA, documented volunteer involvement and leadership activities, and a personal essay. Scholarship awards are up to $5,000 per academic year. Evaluation will be made by the International Student Scholarship Committee.
The Merit-Based Scholarship Application should be downloaded and completed electronically. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. The application is two pages, so be sure to complete the entire process. Once it is completed, please send the entire application complete with your personal essay to firstname.lastname@example.org and MCOGE@mc.edu. Once the application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation, please call Ms. Phala Echols at the Office of Global Education to be sure your application was received.
The merit-based scholarship application may be submitted once a year. Students who started academic study at Mississippi College during the Fall Semester 2017 or before must submit applications before July 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM. Applications must be submitted after at least two semesters of academic study. If an application is not submitted, then that student will NOT receive ANY form of financial aid ( i.e. merit-based scholarship) from Mississippi College or the Office of Global Education after their first two semesters of academic study.
*Please note that academic study does not include any time spent in the Intensive English Program.
Incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered. Remember! If an application is not submitted, then no scholarship will be rewarded.
Must See: International Student Scholarships
The deadline to submit the Merit-Based Scholarship Application for those students who started academic study in Fall Semester 2017 or before is July 13, 2018 by 5:00 PM. Applications turned in after the deadline of July 13, 2018 will not be considered.
The applicant must complete the application form completely and honestly.
Only applications that include at least one volunteer entry will be considered by the scholarship committee. Examples of involvement and leadership activities are as follows:
OGE Involvement/Volunteerism/Leadership includes but is not limited to:
- Volunteering to work at OGE events
- Helping the Office of Global Education with new students at the start of a new semester
- Being a member of an on-campus student association
- Writing published articles for on-campus newspaper or newsletter
- Participating and performing in the International Festival
- Participating in the Celebration of Culture, Lunar New Year, or Moon Festival
- Study abroad
- Participating in athletic competitions
- Volunteering time for conversation partners
- Being on the Tribesman (yearbook) staff
- Being on the Arrowhead (arts publication) staff
- Being on the Collegian (on-campus newspaper) staff
- Being a research assistant for a professor (must be non-paid)
- Presenting research at a forum (must be non-paid)
- Any other activities that the applicant feels should be included and could contribute to the evaluation of the application should be clearly listed.
Most Recommended Scholarships:University of Minnesota Scholarships