UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency is inviting applications for Research and Information Internships to study in Denmark. UNHCR is seeking a dynamic, independent and proactive team player, with a strong interest in refugee issues, to complete a four-month internship.
The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations.
Field of Internship: Research and Information Internship.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
Internship can be taken in Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligibility: The ideal candidate will
- Be a recent graduate (completed studies within one year) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO;
- Have excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Be highly organised and have good attention to detail;
- Have strong design and document formatting skills, including the ability to process large amounts of information in order to create simplified and clear designs;
- Have strong research skills. This includes a good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods. Experience in user research and digital engagement is an advantage;
- Fluent in English, including advanced writing and editing skills. Additional languages are desirable but not essential;
- Have good experience using the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience using Microsoft SharePoint, Case Management Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite is an advantage but not essential;
- Be able to multi-task and to prioritise tasks;
- Show a genuine desire to learn and adapt;
- Have good interpersonal skills, and be a keen team-player;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example Communications, Design, or Social Sciences; a demonstrable interest in Refugee and Forced Displacement Studies is an advantage.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship.
Is this paid internship? No, this is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an internship within the Refugee Status Determination Section, which sits within the Division of International Protection (DIP) at Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. One of our unique areas of expertise is Refugee Status Determination (RSD), the process by which governments or UNHCR determine whether a person seeking international protection can be considered as a refugee
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: The internship will run from September – December 2018.
Notification: Numbers not given
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (P11), and CV to DENCOCMUHR-at-UNHCR.ORG indicating Research and Information Intern in the subject of the email. P11 forms are available at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc .
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer