China Scholarship For Pakistani Students
The Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU), established in 1896, is a leading research university in engineering, science, management, medicine, and economics in China. It is the national key university directly administered by the Ministry of Education of China.
HEC invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for Master’s & PhD programmes of Xi’an Jiaotong University, China in academic year 2018-19. The successful candidates will avail exemption from tuition fees, and living stipend (standard to be decided by Xi’an Jiaotong University, China) during their respective study programme.
[Recommended Scholarship: Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarship UST Korea].
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJ&K national & dual nationality holders not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants for Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree (16years) and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree (18 years) and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship currently.
- Applicants for Master program must be no less than 1st Division;
- Applicants for Ph.D. program must have some research achievements.
Master Programs (English-Medium, study duration 2-3 Years):
- Mechanical Engineering (2 years)
- Electrical Engineering (2 years)
- Information and Communication Engineering (2 years)
- Nuclear Science and Technology (2 years)
- Power Engineering & Engineering Thermophysics (2 years)
- Aeronautical and Astronautic Science and Technology (2 years)
- Materials Science and Engineering (3 years)
- Mechanics(2 year)
Ph.D. Programs (English & Chinese-Medium, 3 Years):
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Science and Technology
- Power Engineering & Engineering Thermophysics
- Electrical Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Management Science and Engineering
- Business Administration
Scholarship Seats and Duration
06 scholarship seats are offered for Master’s degree programme in 2 or 3 years degree programmes and 4 seats are offered for Ph.D.’s candidates in 3years degree programme.
[Must Apply Scholarship: Fully Funded Korean Government Scholarship Programs]
The applicants must make sure to submit online application form at HEC online portal http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa and Xi’an Jiaotong university online portal and must prepare all the documents required click here. After pre-selection of candidates, HEC ask students to submit hard copy of their application forms along with all required documents and send the pre-admission students’ name list and related documents to XJTU for further review which include online interview etc. The final admission decision will be made by Xi’an Jiaotong University. The awarded name list will be published both on HEC website and XJTU website.
HEC will coordinate between finally selected candidates and XJTU for admission notice and documents related to enrollment. The semester will start on September, 2018.
All documentation must be complete, true, and correct in English.
- Apply online at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ . After successful submission of the application, get its two printed copies signed by yourself.
- Apply online at https://xjtu.17gz.org/member/login.do (online XJTU Application Form for International Students). Keep printed two sets of successfully submitted application form with you.
- Keep two set (Spiral binding) of following documents with you. HEC will ask hard copies of following documents at later stage of the application process along with two applications forms mentioned at serial No.1 & 2. Do No submit any hard copies to HEC at this stage of application process.
- deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad,
- copies of all educational documents and attested copies of CNIC, B-form, Domicile, IBCC equivalency certificate, HEC equivalency in case of foreign degree qualification previously, a study plan or research proposal (800 words for Masters & 1500 words for PhD), copies of any research publication, language proficiency certificate or IELTS/TOEFL results, copy of valid ordinary passport (first two pages), attested copy of medical certificate from a Govt. hospital, police clearance certificate. Do not send hard copies of documents to HEC at this stage.
- Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners should be completed in English. (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as per China’ Govt. policy.
- The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Two academic references from last institution attended in Chinese or English language.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for Master degree and 1500 words for Doctoral degree.
- Copies of Research Achievements: Applicants can submit published research papers, award certificates or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research.
- Certificate of English/Chinese Proficiency Level: Finally nominated candidates by HEC will be required IELTS, TOEFL or GRE as per Xi’an Jiaotong university requirement.